Ohio consistently receives top marks from site selectors for its strong, positive business climate. In 2010, the state received its fourth consecutive Governor’s Cup from Site Selection magazine based on business growth and economic development. The Toledo Region already garners favorable attention from site selectors for renewable energy, the movement of goods, and innovation. Major new relocation, expansion and development efforts signal an even broader and deeper appreciation for the region’s business strengths is gaining momentum.
- Kalahari Resort broke ground on $22 million expansion that makes the resort into the largest under-one-roof convention center and hotel complex in the Mid-West.
- Latrobe Specialty Steel Company invested $8.3 million creating 31 new full-time jobs. Latrobe's Wauseon will purchase new equipment for its growing precision business.
- Hamlet Protein started rolling out production in January 2012. The Danish company invested $20 million in a US sales and production company in Findlay.
- MITEC Automotive AG: The German-based company it will invest $33 million in its first-ever North American facility. It will create 88 new full time jobs.
- Railtech Boutet USA is expanding its Liberty Township plant. The $2.4 million expansion will add 33 new jobs, new equipment and technology.
- Toledo Molding & Die, Inc. has new contracts with Chrysler and Ford. The $16 million investment across three counties will create 150 new jobs. Toledo- 41 full-time positions / Van Wert- 45 full-time positions
- ilegra, a software development and infrastructure company, has chosen Northwest Ohio for its entry point into the U.S. marketplace. Plans are to create 35 full-time jobs over next four years.
- Chrysler-Jeep Toledo Assembly Complex will build the new Fiat based SUV for Jeep after a $500 million investment from Chrysler. The company will also add 1100 new jobs.
- Libbey Glass is investing $30 million over three years to acquire new machinery and equipment. This project will increase the company's workforce by 50 new jobs..
- Brush Wellman completed construction of a $90 million production facility. The project added 25 new jobs to its workforce of 600 throughout the Toledo Region.
- Paulding-Putnam Electric Co-Op chose Paulding for its new corporate headquarters. The $5.5 million state of the art facility will include energy efficient and alternative energy training labs.
- Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialities LLC invested $52 million to expand its facility and to install a new kiln for the production of dolomitic lime.
- Whirlpool Clyde invested $175 million for tooling, equipment, and facility changes. The company hired over 900 employees within the past year.
- Revere Plastics expanded its business. The project invested $11 million in new equipment, new inventory, and real property.
- Toledo Molding & Die, Inc. has new contracts with Chrysler and Ford. The $16 million investment across three counties will create 150 new jobs. Tiffin- 64 full-time positions
- CSX Intermodal Hub completed its $175 million trans-shipment hub. This facililty will employ 200-300 and makes Wood County the Global Marketplace for receiving double-stacked container freight from marine ports on both US coasts.
Regional Growth Partnership
Northwest Ohio Regional Economic Development
Ohio Department of Development
Industrial Property SCOUT
Miller Diversified, Inc.
Reichle Klein Group
Roach Enterprises of Ohio, LTD