The Toledo Region includes 73 school districts. Performance report cards for the region’s schools show high marks overall—within Ohio and in comparison to the nation as a whole. Several school districts consistently score excellent or excellent with distinction, and some earn the highest marks in the state.
- For 2011-2012, 17 districts ranked Excellent with Distinction and 34 ranked Excellent.
The following were designated Excellent with Distinction:
Defiance County: Ayersville Local, Hicksville Exempted, Northeastern
Fulton County: Archbold, Evergreen Local, Pike-Delta-York, Swanton
Henry County: Napoleon Area, Patrick Henry
Lucas County: Anthony Wayne, Springfield Local, Sylvania City
Ottawa: Benton Carroll Salem Local
Paulding: Paulding Exempted
Willilams County: Edgerton Local
Wood County: Eastwood Local, Perrysburg Exempted
District Report Cards
School Report Cards
- Toledo Technology Academy and Toledo Early College High School earned the designation of 2011 School of Promise by the Ohio Department of Education.
- 600+ 7th & 8th grade Toledo Public Schools students participate in the Early High School Option in their learning community.
Ohio Department of Education
- Central Catholic High School and Notre Dame Academy are the only two schools in the Toledo Region to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- In the past three years, 21 percent of Maumee Valley Country Day School seniors received National Merit recognition (finalist, semifinalist or commended)—the highest percentage in northwest Ohio.